Saturday, January 10, 2009

Does Honesty pays in today's time?

I still remember that my materal grandfather would teach me as a little child that 'Honesty is the best policy', amongst the several lessons he had taught me. And I grew up bearing such principles in mind.

But over the time I realized that not everyone shares the same thinking and works abiding this principle. Moreover, people like me do go through tough time for being so honest and transparent as we are considered 'Not smart-enough' or clever as is required to sustain in today's time. 

I kind of agree that a person should not be too honest to let others take advantage of him but yes there is something called as 'ethics' or 'moral values' which in no ways should disembark from one's conscious. I dont really want to prove my point through any instances. My point is quite simple and straight. Should we leave our moral values that we have grown up with all through our chilhood to achieve what we think is everything at that point of time in our life? 

I mean cummon life mein kya kuch paane k liye hume itna chalaak hona zaruri hai ki we have to kill our conscious and just grab the opportunity and make the most out of that? Do we lack in conviction in our own abilities and sincerity. Agreed, till some extent one should know how to handle situations tactfully,but is it necessary to keep someone in dark, just to satisfy our motives.

The lessons I have learnt so far are that yes we have to play smart and kill our moral values. Because there are very few people who value and respect honesty in others. But, given the fact that I have been brought up with strong moral values, it will take time to get dissolved in this fictitous world full of opportunists.

Wish I could be myself.................And still be happy

3 comments:

  1. You have to be yourself because only then you'll be happy.

    Don't let few incidents change your view & morals. Yes one has to be smart but that doesn't mean that we have to leave our morals behind.

    Honesty is something which makes the character of a person and please don't loose that...

    Cheer Up dear :) Life is all about lost opportunities and much better one's staring at you, so don't look back, aage dekho & Smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear:)

    At these times..just alert your brain, saying that having a guilt free conscience is the biggest gift you can give yourself. All's alright later. Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks smita for such encouraging note. It matters.

    ReplyDelete