Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Adieu Mumbai

Actually I should have written this blog long back while I was in mumbai. Courtesy my reluctance to type, I did not make an iota of effort to update the blog. Nevertheless, thanks to my dear friend who actually pin-pointed that its high time you write something in your 'already drought-ridden blog area' [this I am adding on my own ;)], I giving 'kasht' to my hands.

Well, I am missing Mumbai so much. I have not really started to enjoy the new place i.e vizag. I have always had problem accepting new things in my life. So vizag you will have to really wait long to get my admiration and acceptance (As if it cares or can care)

What fabulous moments I had in mumbai. Travelling daily from colaba end to navi mumbai for work. Struggling to catch bus then locals. It was a routine I had started to like. My marriage bangles (in the early months in Mumbai when I had come after marriage )were always the centre of attraction in the ladies coupe. The typical style with which girls/ladies say 'Shift' to get some space to sit was so funny. I would try imitate that before my husband :) The best thing in locals was the neembu trading. I mean what one would get at Rs 1 for 1 neembu, in locals it was 30-40 neembus for just Rs 10 and I had never left any such lucrative offer. I know I sound typically middle class. As if I care. HUH!

I made some very good friends with whom had full masti sessions. We would play intranet antakshari, sing, dance, play stupid bachoon vali games; exude oodles of style ( with no one to give bhaw to it). And then in no time would start to discuss upon some serious issues. These are the people whom I will cherish life-long.

My memory of my 1st house: 52 Vishakha would always be close to my heart. How we (my husband as well) had groomed the entire house, its nook and corner slowly, with so much love and emotions.

Well, this is life! Its a mix of happiness and sorrow. Nothing is here for permanent.
Its a cycle. But I am happy that the weight of my happy memories in Mumbai is more than that of sorrow memories. I have to move on and welcome a new chapter of life with a cheerful spirit like that of Mumbai. Adieu Mumbai!

3 comments:

  1. Oye Parjaai, iono how much u miss Mumbai but I miss u guys more than tht... Although u hardly called me to have rajma chawal but watever i had at ur place, be it rajma chawal, kadhi chawal on ur b'day and wat fun we had on LOHRI.... Plz come back before i go back to Delhi.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haan sach mein yaar! LOHRI pe khoob mazza aaya tha. I desperately wanna come back to Mumbai. Pray that next year we come back, I will treat you with Rajma Chawal every month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I would say is that you are missed a lot girl!!!!

    I too miss those sessions in office...sigh!!!

    Good times don't last forever is what we feel but it is always in our hands to make fresh good times :-)

    ReplyDelete